Yes, you can still be charged with theft even though you fulfilled your agreement with the employer by resigning. Since the prosecution was not a party to the agreement, they cannot be bound by the agreement and are free to charge out the criminal offense. But as long as the employer upholds the agreement and does not report the theft to the police, you should be just fine.

If the matter is reported to the police, you will need an experienced Minnesota criminal defense attorney to protect your future from the stigma of a theft conviction. Contact Robert J. Shane, Attorney at Law, for a free phone consultation at (612) 339-1024 or visit his website at