Yes, it is a felony offense to flee a police officer in a motor vehicle when a person refuses to stop after being given a signal by the police officer to stop. An actual police chase is not required under the law to support a criminal prosecution. You will need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney to defend your liberty and reputation. Call Robert J. Shane, Esq. for a free phone consultation at (612) 339-1024 or visit his website at