You should meet with an experienced criminal defense attorney first. If you meet with the police first, you will be interrogated and may incriminate yourself. The officer could then testify at your trial as to any incriminating statements you made to him. Most attorneys will advise you never to make any statements to the police under any circumstance. The sooner your retain counsel and turn yourself in on the warrant, the better the outcome will be in terms of a plea bargain and sentence. Long delays in turning yourself in on a known warrant weigh heavily in favor of the prosecution. Why take any chances with your freedom?

If you have an outstanding warrant for your arrest, contact defense attorney Robert J. Shane for a free phone consultation at (612) 339-1024 or visit his website for more information at