Yes, if you are a defendant charged with a crime in Minnesota, you are entitled by statute to receive a transcript or CD of any statement made by you during the course of a police interview. Your criminal defense attorney will obtain a copy of the confession by making a written request to the prosecuting attorney for the disclosure of all evidence in the case including any statements made by the defendant and any other witness.

If you, or someone you know, has been charged with a crime in Minnesota and has made a confession to the police, you may be able to challenge the use of the confession against you at trial. Call Minneapolis criminal defense attorney Robert J. Shane for a free phone consultation at (612) 339-1024 or visit his website for more information on confessions in a criminal case at