You will need to meet with an experienced expungement attorney to discuss your felony drug case. If you were granted a stay of adjudication at the time of sentencing,you will be able to seal all records regarding your arrest, booking, and criminal case. The expungment order will be sent to the arresting agency, the BCA, the sheriff’s department, and clerk of court.

If you were not granted a stay of adjudication, the court only has the power in an expungement proceeding to seal the courthouse file. This remedy will not be worth the filing fee since a record of your conviction will still be maintained at the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. These records are open to the public and can be found on the Internet by an interested employer or landlord.

If you are interested in filing for an expungement of your felony drug conviction, contact attorney Robert J. Shane for a free phone consultation at (612) 339-1024 or visit his website at